Monday, May 21, 2007

Deciphering human instincts

So I was listening to the radio on the way to a client's office this morning and I heard a song that I really like. For some reason, the song took on some deviant meaning this morning and I had an epiphany.

Now, I'm not stating my theory as fact but more as fodder for philosophical debate and query. The song was The Toadies - I come from the water. I was horribly doing my best Vaden Todd Lewis impersonation while driving across a dam separating a fairly large lake , it struck me as a strong phenomenon that waterfront property is so desired and so costly despite all of the dangers associated with it (hurricanes, flooding, landsides, etc). It also struck me as a bit off that almost everyone has some innate desire to go to the beach or the lake or whatever body of water you want to mention.

I started thinking that maybe there was some deep down desire or, more to the point, stronger NEED to be near the water. If we truly did evolve from creatures that originally began their existence in the oceans, maybe the feelings to be as close to the water as possible are our primitive, sub conscience urges to get back to where we came from?

Either that or it is just really pretty. I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

QuirkyGirl123 said...

You already know my opinions on this theory of yours, but where did you disappear to? I'm interested in hearing some of your newest opinions/thoughts on other topics.

Headmeister said...

wow - very interesting idea, and I think I may have to agree with you. Oh, and it IS purty, too ;) I think I'll have to come back for another visit sometime and read more...

BTW - got your message on my blog. No worries, I'm sure they get bogus "flags" all the time. But if the Blogger "Po Po" come looking for me, I'm pointing to you ;)